Build Confidence With Daily Affirmations
Do you suffer from low self-esteem? When something negative happens in your life, do you beat yourself up about it time and time again?
Focusing on phrases such as: “That was stupid,” “I am so fat,” “No one loves me,” and a host of other negative statements can easily zap the happiness right out of your life.
Luckily, this doesn’t have to be permanent. Positive affirmations can turn your negativity around. Affirmations are simply statements or phrases, which focus on the positive rather than the negative.
These mantras can actually reprogram your subconscious thinking and bring you a plethora of good benefits that you’ll enjoy for years to come!
Here are some easy ways to incorporate positive affirmations into your life:
1. Affirmations should always be in the present tense. Begin your statements with “I can” “I have” or “I am,” instead of a phrase like “I will” or “I may.”
• Examples of this would be “I have a beautiful body” and “I am so intelligent,” instead of “I will never be so stupid again.”
• Choose statements that focus on the positive attributes you want to encourage, saying them as if you already exhibit that behavior.
2. Address yourself by name when expressing your affirmations. Believe it or not, this does make a big difference. When you say: “I, Jane Doe, am a beautiful person both inside and out,” it makes your affirmation more powerful because you hear the lovely sound of your own name!
• Using your name in the affirmations allows your subconscious to process the words even quicker.
3. Focus on one or two affirmations to start with. Although you possess many positive attributes, it’s best to focus only on one or two when you’re first starting out. If you start with twenty positive affirmations, your subconscious may be overwhelmed or dismiss the deeper meaning.
• For example, if you meet someone who goes on and on about how great and beautiful you are, what’s your reaction? Usually after the second or third compliment, you tend to wonder if this person is actually being sincere! The same principal applies to practicing many affirmations at once.
• Focus on one or two, and when they’re firmly planted into your subconscious, you can move on to more.
4. Practice your affirmations as often as possible. Our subconscious mind is more open to suggestions when we first open our eyes in the morning and then again when we’re ready to fall asleep at night.
• The more often you recite your affirmations, the faster you’ll experience lasting changes.
5. Don’t fret if you’re having trouble writing your affirmations. There are many books and self-improvement websites that include hundreds of good, daily affirmations. You can then pick out one or two that you’d like to focus on and get started.
• Don’t let something as insignificant as not being able to compose a positive mantra hold you back from making changes and incorporating happiness into your life!
Low self-esteem is something that holds us back from living the life we deserve. You can rebuild your confidence and self-esteem with daily affirmations and experience the joy of life you’ve been missing. Try it and you’ll love it!